Welcome! My name is Terry Riggs; I'm the Owner and Chief Instructor at Warrior Mixed Martial Arts.
Over the years I've learnt anyone can learn Martial Arts regardless of age or gender, all you need is a desire to improve yourself and there are really no limitations on achieving your goals. Whether your personal goals are to: pick up a new sport, learn to defend yourself, lose weight, gain flexibility, build strength and endurance, build self-confidence and self-discipline. At Warrior Mixed Martial Arts our friendly staff will make you feel comfortable and welcome. Individual learning differences are addressed with encouragement in a positive atmosphere with an emphasis always on sportsmanship.
We offer instruction in Authentic Mixed Martial Arts, Kickboxing, Jiu-Jitsu and more. All age groups, genders, skill levels, and fitness levels are welcome. Warrior has the highest standards of excellence and you can expect the highest quality martial arts instruction available anywhere in the country. Warrior is a different kind of school because our entire focus is on you and how we can help you to achieve your goals in a safe, fun and supportive environment. As a Warrior member, you become part of the Warrior Family.
Warrior is full of lifelong friends. Together students and instructors push each other to become better, we challenge each other to grow and we inspire each other to be the best that we can be.
"It is not important to be better than someone else but to be better than yesterday".
I like this expression because it is this spirit, which is predominant at Warrior Mixed Martial Arts and has kept Carlos Newton and myself motivated and improving over the years. And that's the fun of Mixed Martial Arts, constant improvement.See you on the mats!
Some of Terry's credentials include:
- Former North American Kickboxing Champion and Canadian Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Champion.
- 5th Degree Traditional Jiu-Jitsu Black Belt & IBJJF 3rd Degree Renzo Gracie Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Black Belt.
- Coach of the IFL's (International Fight Leagues) Toronto Dragons. Broadcast Worldwide on Fox SportsNet
- Coach for Pride Bushido Team Japan
- Coached Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ) for the Metropolitan Toronto Emergency Task Force (ETF).
- Coached several internationally accomplished MMA athletes throughout their whole careers, including former UFC Welterweight Champion, Carlos Newton.
- Managed many of Canada's top Pro MMA Athletes including Carlos Newton, Brent Beauparlant, Claude Patrick, Tom Waters and Wagnney Fabiano.
- Sports Commentator on Fox Sports MMA Broadcasts
- Former Co-Host of TSN's Full Contact Fighter TV Show.
- International Consultant for NAPMA (North American Professional Martial Arts Association). Developed Grappling and MMA curriculums used in over 1000 Martial Arts schools across North America.
- Experience - Coached and Cornered more MMA Bouts than any other coach in Ontario.